© 2017 CybokNews
I was not consulted on ban on AIT–Buhari
The president-elect of Nigeria, General Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday, said he was neither consulted nor informed about the plan to bar AIT from covering activities concerning him.
According to the statement, General Buhari was neither consulted nor informed about the AIT barring, and only became aware of the matter after the public uproar it generated.
In a statement released in Abuja on Wednesday, by Directorate of Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, General Buhari aligned himself with the pronouncement of his party, which had earlier expressed disagreement with the temporary barring of the African Independent Television (AIT) from covering his media affairs.
“The time of CHANGE has come,” he said, “and we must avoid making the same mistakes that the outgoing government made.”
Buhari, however, instructed all his staff, including the personnel attached directly to him, to steer clear of all dealings with the media, and leave all media affairs to his official media team.
“I would like everyone to henceforth stay within his/her defined area of responsibility,” General Buhari said.
The president-elect added that his media team should be left to deal with their media colleagues as they best knew how.