© 2017 CybokNews
Chibok girls: FG to give report on Anniversary
On April 14, 2014 the girls of the Chibok girl’s secondary school were kidnapped by Islamic terror group, Boko Haram late in the night. They came in close to about 20 Hilux trucks and drove the girls many kilometres into the forest of Sambisa. The girls who were in school to prepare for the West Africa Examination Council, final Examination were carried away and only a hand of them were courageous to jump off the truck to escape. In close to a year not much has been heard about the girls. There are stories that the girls have been sold in marriage, others say some of the girls were in Congo. Still others say that the girls have been used as suicide bombers. The truth of the status of the girls or may never be known. The wish is for the girls to be found.
With the recapture of the last enclave of the Boko Haram, it expected that the may soon be found. If what the Director General of the National Orientation Agency and the coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mike Omeri is anything to go by, there is still hope that the girls will soon be found. According to Omeri, ‘I think the one year anniversary next week; we hope to give a comprehensive report on what we know so far, and how far the search has gone.’
He also said all Nigerians should be vigilant as the nation goes for another rounds of election on Saturday. He assured the people living in the areas recently recaptured from the Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram. He said that the Nigerian military is capable of ensuring their safety as the Boko Haram is already on the run.