CybokNews
...News is Here

A family of five perishes as a result of power surge in Jos

fire outbreak1

A family of five in Jos perished early Saturday morning by 2 am in their sleep. Fire broke out by 2 am following the restoration of power early Saturday morning. Eye witnesses say that the family died of suffocation by the smoke that engulfed the house as they were fast asleep.

According to eye witnesses ‘we heard of shout of help, come and help me, fire, fire. Every effort to help the victim was to no avail as the burglary proof shocked those who tried to pull it out to access the house. Then there was gas explosion which actually caused the fire. It took the efforts of two fire trucks and the police to manage the situation. There was little anyone could do to save the victims.

Incidentally, the father of the family that lost their lives Ahmed was away on official duty to Lafia in Nasarawa state when the accident occurred. He was said to have left his family about 4pm on Friday. His landlord Umar Dauda had called Ahmed to inform him of the disaster that had happened to his family.

The victims were the Ahmed wife Habiba Ahmed 26, children ; Dalhatu 6, Maryam 4, Fawaz 1. The househelp Maryam 13 also died. They have since been buried according to Islamic injunctions. At the burial the father Ahmed wept saying ‘I was playing with them till 4pm yesterday(Friday)before I left for Lafia. Now I have lost everything.’

 

Comments
Loading...