© 2017 CybokNews
10 Foods that can cause cancer
It is estimated that about 15million people were diagnosed of cancer in 2014. We list some of the food items we take that can cause cancer.
- Highly processed white flours: white flours after refining lose their nutrients and are bleached with chlorine gas. It is also very highly glycaemic and bad for your sugar level. They not only make you fat but contribute to rising cancer rates.
- Microwave popcorn: microwave popcorn is linked with perfluoroctanic acid. The chemical is also found in Teflon. It is also linked with infertility in women and exposure significantly increases risk of kidney, bladder, liver, pancreas and testicular cancers.
- Artificial sweeteners: most diabetics use it. It causes weight gain and makes it harder to control blood sugar.
- Alcohol: it could cause obesity, diabetics, many types of cancer such as month, oesophagus, liver, colon, rectum and female breast cancers.
- Refined Sugar and soft drinks: refined sugar helps cancer cells to grow. High fructose corn syrup is one of the main culprits as it is metabolised by cancer cells.
- Processed Meats: people who eat processed meats such as hot dogs, sausages, bacon most of which have excessive salts and chemicals which increases the chances of death by 43%.
- Smoked, Pickled and Salted: these foods have nitrates turn into nitrous associated with higher cancer risks when digested. Smoked meats that are high in fat can lead to stomach and colon cancer.
- Potato Chips: they are high in fat and calories which cause weight gain. The high fats and sodium can lead to cancer and heart disease.
- Farmed salmon: the process of breeding them involves the use of chemicals. The fish have mercury in them. The chemicals, antibiotics, pesticides in the fish are not healthy.
- Diet Foods: they are not healthy. Excessive sodium, colour and refined ingredients are often added to make up for flavour loss. Many low fat foods have more calories than their non-diet one.